Friday, August 6, 2010

YEKPARE



I realize my very first POW is not even a product, but I saw this and found it fascinating.
Yekpare Urbanscreening Projection Mapping was a public performance in Istanbul. The screening lasted only 3 days but was a massive collection of images and animations projected onto the Haydarpaşa Train Station and told the 8500 year story of Istanbul. People could watch from along the coast or from boats in the water.
You can view the video on Vimeo here. The video is long - 16 min. - so those of you at work should wait for lunch! It is a bit slow moving but if you can just imagine being there and watching this fantastic show from a boat, it is well worth it. Some of the imagery is beyond me - I'm sure if I were more familiar with Istanbul's history it may make sense. Muscle through the oil/water droplet part because the next part is pretty cool.
The production was created by DenizKader and Candaş Şişman.

No comments:

Post a Comment